Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WoW #19: Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about!
 
 
Princess of Thorns coverPrincess of Thorns
by Stacey Jay
December 9, 2014
400 pages

 
Goodreads Summary:
Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales in this twisted, fast-paced romantic fantasy-adventure about Sleeping Beauty's daughter, a warrior princess who must fight to reclaim her throne.

Though she looks like a mere mortal, Princess Aurora is a fairy blessed with enhanced strength, bravery, and mercy yet cursed to destroy the free will of any male who kisses her. Disguised as a boy, she enlists the help of the handsome but also cursed Prince Niklaas to fight legions of evil and free her brother from the ogre queen who stole Aurora's throne ten years ago.

Will Aurora triumph over evil and reach her brother before it's too late? Can Aurora and Niklaas break the curses that will otherwise forever keep them from finding their one true love?
  
A story about Sleeping Beauty's daughter? Count me in!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

26 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book floating around alot and I hope YOU love it!

    I hope to see you around my blog,

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katelynn! I've seen some great reviews so I have faith.

      Delete
  3. I love a good fairy tale retelling! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it's not just a retelling! It's what's next! I'm so excited for that!

      Delete
  4. i'm super, super excited for this one too. i actually already pre-ordered it and i'm counting down the days. awesome pick! :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this! I love retellings and this one sounds so good :D Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually read and reviewed this one (HERE). I hope you enjoy the book when you read it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I just read your review and it's gotten me more pumped to read it!

      Delete
  7. I agree, this does look like it will be really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you read it? I hope everyone reads it and we can chat about it :D

      Delete
  8. OOoh nice! I got this one from Netgalley and am just a few more books away from reading it! Trying to be good and read all my review books before going back to my TBR Mountain of Doom! LOL


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll definitely stop by for the review once it's up!

      Delete
  9. I'm not much of a retelling kinda girl but I'll make an exception for this one. It sounds really good!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice! I can't wait to read this one. I got an e-ARC on NetGalley and I'm excited to check it out when it gets closer to release day. I like that it's a different twist on the Princess trope, it sounds really good!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I'm looking forward to read it! It's got a twist and it sound soooo good!

      Delete
  11. I am also waiting on this one! I love both fantasy and fairy tales, so this on eis right up my alley :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it once you've read it :D

      Delete
  12. Hah, yeah, they had me at Sleeping Beauty's daughter too! I WoW-ed this book last week and I can't wait to see what happens with the original story, and all the action it sounds like this one is going to have. Great pick!!

    Here's my WoW: Suspicion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness for retellings!! I love reformulated fairy tales. This one in coming up for me. GREAT PICK!!
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...